Tax Collector Office
Tax Collector: Robin Sarlo, CTC
Tax Clerk : Vicky Freeman
Phone: 609-267-3217, Ext 112
Tax Office Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Drive-up Window: 8:00am – 4:00pm
After Hours Drop Box, located just past the tax office drive-up window is now available. Payments left in the drop box will be credited to the next business day. NEW! Online Payments:
- 2014 Total Tax Rate (including School & County): 2.158 per $100 of assessed value.
- 2015 Total Tax Rate (including School & County): 2.243 per $100 of assessed value
- 2016 Total Tax Rate (including School & County): 2.260 per $100 of assessed value
- 2017 Total Tax Rate (including School & County): 2.310 per $100 of assessed value
- 2018 Total Tax Rate (including School & County): 2.354 per $100 of assessed value
- 2019 Total Tax Rate (including School & County): 2.390 per $100 of assessed value
Taxes are due February 1, May 1, August 1 & November 1
Lumberton Township allows a ten (10) day grace period for each quarter. If the 10th falls on a weekend or recognized holiday, the grace period will be extended to the next business day. If payment is not received by the end of the grace period, interest reverts back to the original due date.
Tax Assessments and Appeals please contact:
|Phone:||609-267-3217 ext. 150|
Tax Deductions & Exemptions (Applications available from the Tax Collector):
Senior Citizen Deduction ($250): Must be 65 years of age as of October 1st of the pretax year. Must reside in the property for which the deduction is being applied. There is an income limit of $10,000 excluding the higher of either Social Security or Government Pension. Verification of eligibility will be required each year. 100% Disabled Person’s Deduction ($250): Must have verification either from Social Security Disability or from a physician of 100% disabled status. Income limit of $10,000 excluding the higher of either Social Security or Government pension. Must reside in the property for which the deduction is being applied. Veteran’s Deduction ($250): Must have owned the property as of October 1stof the pretax year. Must have served during “active war time”. (In some instances, applicant must have served a minimum of 14 days in direct service in the combat zone.) *Deductions are also available for surviving spouses. Contact the tax office for more information. 100% Disabled Veteran’s Exemption: Contact the Tax Assessor for more information.
Homestead Rebate (for homeowners):
- File applications by phone please call 1-877-658-2972
- File applications online please go to www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/
- Ask questions please call 1-888-238-1233
- Online information is provided at www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/homestead/hrhownergeninf.htm
- You may also email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Property Tax Reimbursement Program (Senior Freeze):
- Ask questions or to check the status of a filed application please call 1-800-882-6597
- To listen to information or to order an application please call 1-800-323-4400
- Online information is provided at www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/propfrez.htm Agents are available during normal business hours from 8:30am until 4:30pm Monday through Friday, to answer questions or to assist senior and disabled homeowners in filing their applications.