Tax Assessor – Patty Sporer CTA
Phone: (609) 267-3217 ext.150
Welcome to the Office of the Lumberton Township Tax Assessor. The Tax Assessor’s office is under the jurisdiction of the Burlington County Board of Taxation and the New Jersey Division of Taxation. This office is located at the Lumberton Township Municipal Building and available to serve the community’s assessment needs.
Among the many functions of the Assessor’s office, is its role in assessing values of all real property in the municipality for the purpose of tax assessments, preparing the tax list, maintaining records of every parcel, maintaining the community’s tax map and educating the public about the assessment function.
Property taxes are levied based on the assessed value of all real estate within a community with the exception of those properties used for religious, educational or charitable purposes and for veterans who are 100% permanently disabled due to wartime service. The “ratable base” is the assessed valuation of the community’s residential, commercial, industrial and farmland properties. The tax rate and your individual tax burden are determined by the following formulas:
For information about your record card, deduction forms and other important information/forms, please see the description and the related link below:
- Property Tax Benefits
- How property is valued for tax assessment purposes
- Guide to Tax Appeals Hearings
- Veteran’s Deduction Form for those who served with specified date ranges as set forth by the State of New Jersey
- Supplemental Form for Peacekeeping Missions/Operations
- Veteran’s Deduction for Spouses of a Deceased Veteran who was a Resident of New Jersey at the Time of Death
- Claim for Property Tax Exemption on Dwelling Houses of Disabled Veteran or Surviving Spouse/Surviving Civil Union Partner/Surviving Domestic Partner of a Disabled Veteran or Service person
- Claim for Real Property Tax Deduction on Dwelling Houses of Qualified NJ Resident Senior Citizen, Disabled Person, or Surviving Spouse/Surviving Civil Union Partner having an annual income of not more than $10,000 exclusive of Social Security and specific Government Pensions
- Information Regarding the Property Tax Reimbursement Program (Senior Freeze)
- Homestead Benefit Program
Farmland Assessment Benefits
- Farmland Assessment Basic Guide
- Application for Farmland Assessment *Must be Printed on Legal Size Paper
- Supplemental Farmland Assessment Gross Sales (Use with FA-1: Application for Farmland Assessment)
- Woodland Data Form *Must be Printed on Legal Size Paper
- Information Regarding the New Regulations about the Farmland Act
Please visit the Assessor’s office if you have questions about your assessment or if you wish to apply for property tax deductions or exemptions.